Talk

Advanced search

Meet up

(11 Posts)
penguin1986 Sun 20-Aug-17 21:59:10

Hi. Anyone in the north Leicestershire/ Loughborough area fancy a meet up / play date x

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Wed 20-Sep-17 18:27:57

Old thread but I'd be up for it. I'm not far from Loughborough.

beardotdo Tue 26-Sep-17 20:07:10

I'm NW Leics too and would be up for a meet up. I have 2 year old DTs.

HippadoppaloppaGammeldag Wed 27-Sep-17 13:35:52

Where is everyone? Would Loughborough be best for people?

beardotdo Wed 27-Sep-17 19:50:59

I'm 15 minutes from Loughborough so that would be perfect for me.

HippadoppaloppaGammeldag Sat 30-Sep-17 07:52:59

What days would be best? I don't work Wed, Thu, Fri but we go to a class on Fri morning. So anytime on those days is fine really.

Average Joe's is a nice cafe / soft play.

mojito80 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:54:58

hello, bit late to join the conversation but would love to join if this meet up is still happening?

CatchingBabies Mon 23-Oct-17 22:10:51

I'm a midwife.

Before granting you an ELCS they will want to make sure you are aware of the risks. You incorrectly state that it is safer for baby. Look up RDS you will see it's actually not. Vaginal birth is safest, then ELCS then EMCS. It's also more risky for you,

I'm not saying you shouldn't have one I totally believe in choice and what suits one dosnt suit another but you will have to understand the realities of that choice and accept the risks.

It's just I can see the conversation you will have when you say about your friend having a stillbirth. Babies die during c-sections that may have been saved in a vaginal birth, it works both ways, and they will likely do all they can to put you off. Know the facts and you stand a much better chance.

CatchingBabies Mon 23-Oct-17 22:11:31

Wrong thread, no idea how that happened sorry!

Emabrmsca Mon 23-Oct-17 22:31:42

Hi im in Loughborough. I have a 3 year old dd.

mojito80 Mon 23-Oct-17 23:16:05

Hello we are in birstall but tend to come to Loughborough as pretty much as easy for us as getting into leicester. My little boy is 8 months x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now