Talk

Advanced search

Cycling in Ipswich?

(15 Posts)
katymac Sun 20-Aug-17 19:19:22

I've recently moved here and need to find some bike racks in near the football stadium - are there any?

& are there any good rides DH & I can go on? We went down by the river from the town to Sproughton & that was a big mistake!!

Also does anyone want any company on short sightseeing/pleasure rides?

Thanks all

justicewomen Sun 20-Aug-17 19:32:51

Hi Katy
Welcome to Ipswich. Don't know where bike racks are- does this help? www.ipswich.gov.uk/content/cycle-parking

I am a bit of scaredy cat rider so only really go off road (like around Alton Water and Rendlesham Forest). I have cycled around Holywells Park and you can cycle throughChristchurch Park.Try this www.mapmyride.com/gb/ipswich-eng/

katymac Sun 20-Aug-17 20:38:31

Thanks justicewomen I'm not a fan of that map - it's a bit clunky and difficult to read (tried 3 computers now)

But the trail thing looks good I'll have a play....I've been told about Alton Water & we might go there one day

I have a job interview on Tuesday so I need to park nearby so I'll have to go tomorrow & ride around until I find somewhere; I've been so much better since I got my bike but I still can't walk terribly far yet!

Let me know if you ever want company when you are off on a ride?

justicewomen Sun 20-Aug-17 21:00:36

No it is a bit rubbish. Hope you find somewhere.Good luck with the interview! I am sorry to hear you have not been well but good the cycling helping .I am not cycling/walking much as I sprained my big toe (I know -stupid injury!) falling up stairs at work

katymac Sun 20-Aug-17 21:08:27

Sounds painful!! Hope it calms down/gets better soon smile

123rd Sun 20-Aug-17 21:24:03

I'm sure there are some bike racks at the train st, which is a 5 min walk to Portman Rd area ( if that's where the j interview is)
Good luck with the interview
If you like off road trails there are some good tracks along the north side. Google fynn valley
Also, cycle path out towards Martlesham / kesgrave

katymac Sun 20-Aug-17 21:28:05

Ooo found a nice pub in Martlesham so we might cycle out there one day smile

The secure racks aren't available, as they sold loads of fobs to people who don't use them & the less secure racks are normally full (according to the station but I will try them & check)

There are some at Sainsbury's & I could walk I guess or by Elm Street

I just thought there would be more

123rd Sun 20-Aug-17 21:40:39

There are a few at the gym opposite the court. Also, the council offices are bound to have some. Although probably busy due to people biking to work!
Not sure if the cinema has any at the front but again that's very close to the football ground

justicewomen Sun 20-Aug-17 21:46:40

It see,s that Elm Street car park has bike racks- en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/carpark/elm_street/ip1/ipswich/?arriving=201708202200&leaving=201708210000

katymac Mon 21-Aug-17 08:23:35

I will cycle round these today & have a look/plan; I have some places to start

Thank you

katymac Mon 21-Aug-17 14:19:20

The ones outside the gym were empty today as we're the ones outside the court

Thanks everyone! Finding my way abouts getting easier each day

123rd Mon 21-Aug-17 16:59:14

That's good. Fingers crossed the interview goes well

katymac Mon 21-Aug-17 20:07:23

Thanks it's just for some temping, while I find my feet

I'm being tested......I haven't been tested in many years!

I think pivot tables are a new excel thing & I can't do them yet <gulp>

123rd Mon 21-Aug-17 20:59:51

Ah I bloody hate pivot tables.
I actually said in the interview for my current job that I hated them!! I don't trust them. Every time I do them the info is different !!!

katymac Mon 21-Aug-17 21:20:35

I think I just have a block!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: