Talk

Advanced search

Where to live in Sutton Coldfield

(36 Posts)
claireb8 Fri 18-Aug-17 18:32:24

Hi there

My husband and I and our one year old daughter are plannig to move out of London so we can be closer to family in Wolves and Liverpool.

Sutton Coldfield sounds great on paper - lots of green space, excellent schools and good transport links into Birmingham.

Please can someone share their local knowledge and advise us if we should be looking for properties in specific areas of SC. We want to increase our likelihood of being in the catchment areas for the best state schools (infant through to secondary) and we're ideally looking for a period (Victorian or Edwardian) home. All advice and knowledge shared about the area would be gratefully received! Which areas are best for our property search? Any areas we should avoid?

Many thanks
Claire

PurplePimplePin Thu 31-May-18 12:14:13

Are you moving for work and will you be working in Birmingham Centre?

PurplePimplePin Fri 01-Jun-18 11:38:06

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68924378.html

This has sold, but would be a decent location...keep looking.

PurplePimplePin Fri 01-Jun-18 20:49:13

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73167890.html

123mariam Sat 02-Jun-18 19:41:04

Yeah ive seen this house but the rooms were too small for us unfortunately.. this is a perfect location I know.
Thanks alot for your help purple pimple pin I hope you dont mind if I consult you in future houses smile smile

PurplePimplePin Sat 02-Jun-18 21:20:32

Yes, no problem!

123mariam Sun 03-Jun-18 09:25:39

Hi winkyteatowel
Ive been looking at Sutton Coldfield as a whole and walmely is part of it ... what do you think about Elizabeth road?

123mariam Mon 04-Jun-18 07:24:44

Well with my budget I cant get the hpuse I want ... iam a bit down confused ok so now i want to find out if there is any good areas like four oak with outstanding schools just outside surroundings Birmingham .. any suggestions ???

123mariam Mon 04-Jun-18 07:42:43

What do you think of this area ???

Olton Boulevard West, Birmingham, B11 3EZ
www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-54346725.html

WinkysTeatowel Mon 04-Jun-18 12:05:05

Elizabeth Road in New Oscott? Not a great area plus Chester Road is horrific for traffic between Boldmere Road/ Gravelly Lane junction and Tesco, I would avoid.

Yardley is not the best area in my opinion, I would say it's a bit rough (although times have changed).

The problem is that Sutton is massively overpriced due to the schools/perception. We initially moved to Erdington (some nice houses but schools not great) and have now moved out altogether to Lichfield. I have to say, I wouldn't go back in a hurry, I prefer where we are now.

If I was looking in Sutton I'd go for Boldmere/Wylde Green.

123mariam Mon 04-Jun-18 15:35:08

Does lichfield have good outstanding school like sutton?

WinkysTeatowel Mon 04-Jun-18 19:08:13

Lots of Good rated, some Outstanding. Remember an Outstanding school is not the be all and end all, outstanding schools are also more likely to push the kids hard for SATs which you may not support.
Plus the house prices will be very high in catchment areas. You need to have a look around and find somewhere that suits you.

You can't have it all... there are Outstanding schools in places I would never want to live. Balance is everything.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »