Talk

Advanced search

Anyone excited school's nearly starting ?!

(9 Posts)
Primamadonna Wed 16-Aug-17 17:56:42

I think we have the longest school hols here, correct me if I'm wrong but it feels long. I'm getting very tired arranging trips holidays and I have another mini break planned for the weekend...go me halo !
Anyone doing anything lovely for the next two weeks or have any ideas in and around Belfast to keep slightly older kids happy ?

MadeinBelfast Thu 17-Aug-17 23:30:01

I'm not that excited as I work in schools - I don't want the holidays to end! Where are you going on your mini-break? We've had a few short UK breaks but that's all. I'm guessing you've been to Vertigo this summer? That seems to be a favourite with older kids. What about HMS Caroline? If you can go a bit further I've heard Carnfunnock has some good activities for older kids but I think it can be pricey.

Primamadonna Thu 17-Aug-17 23:55:58

I can understand you're not being as excited as me re school holidays ending ! We're just going to Dublin this weekend but Vertigo sounds good for next week. This has reminded me to do the Titanic Experience, haven't done it for a while & DD is older now so might get more from it.
Will Google carnfunnock, haven't heard of that.
Enjoy the next two weeks smile

MadeinBelfast Fri 18-Aug-17 08:13:23

Have a nice time in Dublin, we were there in February but it was quite cold for sightseeing! Hope you get a proper rest in September wink

Primamadonna Fri 18-Aug-17 11:08:25

Thanks Madein ! smile

implantsandaDyson Sun 20-Aug-17 07:17:03

Have you been to Crumlin Road Gaol? How old are your "older kids"? grin

Primamadonna Sun 20-Aug-17 10:09:31

I've been past Crumlin Gaol and I've heard some scarey stories. Many years ago a relative worked there. DD 11, must ask her if she wants to go. The same DD can't go on the ghost train in Barry's grin

implantsandaDyson Sun 20-Aug-17 14:35:50

My kids primary school take them in P7 so they're all about 10/11 - she loved it and shes not a huge thrill seeker grin

Primamadonna Sun 20-Aug-17 19:03:57

Thanks implants, there's plenty to do for this week, I just think my brain gets tired having to constantly think of entertainment grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now