Talk

Advanced search

Hastings - to buy or not to buy?

(3 Posts)
FavouriteCake1 Mon 31-Jul-17 12:08:08

I've found some old conversations on here about Hastings, but they are all pre-2012 and a lot can change in 5 years! My husband and I are seriously considering buying a house in Hastings. We've heard mixed things about living there - one that it's up and coming and apparently being dubbed 'Shoreditch-on-Sea', but also that it's still quite tired with some rough areas.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! smile

FavouriteCake1 Mon 31-Jul-17 12:22:59

Sorry I now realise there IS a thread about moving to Hastings, but it's more about schools/areas. I am more concerned about the general town - what is it like? What are the people like? Do you see the town growing/changing, or doing so in the future?

Outdoorsy5644 Tue 01-Aug-17 07:07:13

There is a thriving arty community, mainly focussed around the Old Town and parts of St Leonard's.
The main town is a run-of-the-mill town centre. A bit grubby and full of foreign students at this time of year!
There are some areas that I would avoid living in, but it is almost on a street by street basis.
But personally, it has a clean beach, new pier, fabulous park and country park, and some great little shops and restaurants/bars.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: