Thorne, Moorends, Armthorpe

(6 Posts)
SammieJo82 Mon 24-Jul-17 22:23:10

Hi, I live in Hampshire and my husband has been offered a job in Thorne. However all i can find online is people saying to avoid it, but no reason as to why? I have 3 children 5 and under so its vital that I move them to a good area. Please can anyone give me some current advice as to what these areas are like (Moorends, Stainsforth, Armthorpe, Hatfield and Thorne? Much appreciated. X

OP’s posts: |
fairgame84 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:49:57

Hi I've only just seen your post today. Did you get sorted? If not I can advise you where is ok and where to avoid smile

escape Wed 01-Nov-17 08:54:23

I live in Hatfield with Children at school in Thorne & wider area - happy to advise.

MadisonMontgomery Thu 02-Nov-17 15:16:08

Oh God, Thorne & Worlds End - avoid like the plague! It’s basically the most horrible council estates ever, in the back end of beyond, full of travellers and drug addicts. Avoid like the plague. Armthorpe v similar but at least central to Doncaster (which admittedly is not exactly a selling point!) Why on earth are you looking at these areas?!

MadisonMontgomery Thu 02-Nov-17 15:17:51

Stainsforth & Hatfield are also grim - half traveller site, half council estate.

AfunaMbatata Mon 20-Nov-17 16:25:25

Stay as far away from Thorne and moorends as you can!!!!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in