Talk

Advanced search

Advice Please: Doctors and Dentists in Preston Park and Laines areas

(3 Posts)
Balloonmum53 Sun 23-Jul-17 12:19:56

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking I am in urgent need of advice to find a decent doctors surgery in the Preston Park are of Brighton and also for my teenage daughter in ventral Brighton. She is moving to the Laines and starts uni in September. We have some ongoing health issues and need to find good surgeries. Does anyone have any advice as to where to go please? I would be very grateful. Also I will then be on my own and am looking to make friends with mums, people in the area. I am moving from Surrey.

fridgeovertroubledwater Mon 24-Jul-17 21:44:57

Hi - I'd really recommend Preston Park Surgery in Florence Road. Largish surgery so good number of doctors and I've not had problems getting an appointment when needed. I don't know about surgeries elsewhere in the city although there have been a few closures recently which has put pressure on the remaining ones.

I wasn't sure where you meant your daughter was moving to - there are The Lanes (the narrow pedestrianised lanes with lots of jewellers etc) and the North Laine (studenty/more alternative area). I use an NHS dentist at the North Laine Dental Practice which I've been very happy with.

I hope your move goes well

theundecided Sat 29-Jul-17 20:58:28

I use Beaconsfield Medical Practise which is opposite Preston Park. It's a big surgery with some really good GPs.
NHS Dentists have some long waiting lists round here so we go to one in Hove, but my DH uses the North Laine Dental Practise too and is happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now