Talk

Advanced search

private tutors

(5 Posts)
ramallen Fri 21-Jul-17 10:04:31

Hi
We are looking for private tuition for our 9 year old and i'm struggling to find recommendations locally. We would need someone to come to our house.

Getaheadinscience Fri 04-Aug-17 21:35:26

Hi,
Which subject does he need tutoring in? I may be able to point you in the right direction.

StreathamLady Fri 11-Aug-17 12:57:19

I am trying to find tutors using this website. I have not booked one yet, but it seems to be a good way of finding one. www.tutorhunt.com

LocalEditorCroydon Sun 13-Aug-17 20:19:52

I think you may find it quite difficult to find a tutor to find a tutor to come to your home but good luck with the search. Let us know how you get on with StreathamLady's recommendation.

Renwein Mon 14-Aug-17 14:06:07

I used a lady called Teresa Hoy - teresahoy.org/ who lives in South Croydon. She prepped DS for secondary entrance exams and he got into Wilson's. She also tutored a friend of DS who is a bit less academic. They both enjoyed working with her. I liked that she was very child centred and encouraging. I don't know if she would come to your house or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now