Talk

Advanced search

What is there for kids to do around Preston?

(3 Posts)
donquixotedelamancha Thu 20-Jul-17 00:35:43

Yep, I got the email too. I've got two little ones- 1.5 and 3.5, so the oooh thread got me thinking it would be good to share some kiddie ideas. I'll start us off:

1. Worden Park, Leyland. Fabulous playground, cafe, ride on mini steam trains running weekends in summer, nice gardens.

2. A bit far, but.. Happy Mount Park, Morecambe. Splash park, huge playground, mini trains again, gondola rides. The normal park stuff is free, and the more impressive ones are £1-2. It really is a fab day out. Gets very busy.

3. Penny Farm, just outside Blackpool. Horse rescue centre. Free to look round at the horses. I like free :-)

4. Old Holly Farm, north of Garstang. Collections of animals (including cuddling baby chicks) and a few outdoor toys are free. Indoor soft play, not free. Cafe and shop.

LocalEditorPreston Fri 20-Oct-17 14:43:40

Loads of stuff to do around for Preston. The Harris museum has a whole load of free holiday events. I love taking the kids cycling around the Guild Wheel which is far better now my little boy has graduated to a bigger bike!

Beaconfell Tue 13-Mar-18 17:11:19

We are a small local business of 2 teachers running events and activities at Beacon Fell.
See our Facebook page, beacon Fell adventures.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: