Talk

Advanced search

help with selecting areas to live in Cheltenham

(5 Posts)
willowlucaratrilla1 Wed 19-Jul-17 14:55:07

hi, my family & I are looking to return to the UK after several years abroad and are considering Cheltenham. Our twins are soon to be two and I understand from reading various posts that Cheltenham is a great place for families.
I have seen a few properties on & near The Park, and whilst the houses look lovely I do not know anything about the area - is this a nice place for families... is living next to the University campus a problem...etc.
Any comments would be most appreciated.
KR
M&A

DobbyisFREE Thu 22-Mar-18 13:47:40

It really depends on the specific location as some areas are nice and some aren't around there. I'd avoid Whaddon generally but there are cul de sacs that are perfectly safe so would still be worth looking at.

My personal preference for a family home would be Up Hatherly, something like this: www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51041904.html

It really depends on what sort of size you need and your budget though really

DobbyisFREE Thu 22-Mar-18 13:49:13

Also this one I immediately fell in love with but is waaay out of my budget: www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63682381.html

Sammysees Fri 01-Jun-18 11:20:07

The Park is a lovely area and not many problems with the Uni. However I would be mindful of schools for when your little ones start. Leckhampton very sought after and difficult to get in to. Think you would be out of catchment at the park.

Thebluedog Fri 01-Jun-18 11:25:45

My folks lived in Pitville Park which is lovely, as is Montpellier. Bishops cleeve is nice but a few miles out town but more housing estate than the older Victorian buildings on the centre

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: