Talk

Advanced search

Can't Afford Corsham - What Are Rudloe/Melksham Like These Days?

(3 Posts)
flowergirl69 Wed 19-Jul-17 13:39:17

Hello Lovely Ladies of North Wilts.
Due to relationship breakdown I'm having to leave my dream home in the countryside near Chipping Sodbury and downsize to somewhere more within my budgetary constraints :-( I'm from Corsham/Box originally and have family/friends there and can't afford to buy in Corsham itself, but need to be close by for work & support. My budget is saying Rudloe or Melksham (Forest Side) but my heart says in the past they were both rough as......(and not very nice to live). I did live in Melksham for a spell, but basically ate and slept in my house and never went out in the town itself... I know from experience that Corsham is so much better than it was in the mid 80s when I was at school there, have Rudloe and Melksham improved at all? Honest answers, ideally from people who actually live in Melksham/Rudloe or know someone who does please!!

Tiddlywinks63 Tue 29-Aug-17 19:36:15

Melksham's not changed op, although there are new estates popping up on the old George Ward school site and Sandridge Road. Rudloe's not improved either I'm afraid.
I know both very well though don't live there.
Have you considered Chippenham or Trowbridge?

flowergirl69 Fri 01-Sep-17 08:53:36

Thanks Tiddlywinks - I thought nobody would ever answer! Unfortunately time has moved on since my original post, and I've made my peace with the fact that I can't afford to buy in Corsham, and will be renting in Badminton instead. I'm a country bumpkin, so Corsham was as big a town as I could handle, hence not considering Chippenham and Trowbridge too far from work - but thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: