Talk

Advanced search

Dog friendly cafes in Durham and Teesside

(13 Posts)
FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 17-Jul-17 22:03:44

Hi I've been taking my dog to a doggie diner in Blackhall. He's actually enjoying it considering he's not usually keen on public places. Might have something to do with the menu for dogs? grin

Do you take your dog/s anywhere that caters for them? I'd like to take him to another one. There's lots of dog friendly places in Whitby and Robin hoods bay where we often go but don't tend to take the dog.

PickAChew Mon 17-Jul-17 22:52:35

I don't have a dog, but often see people sat outside Esquires in Durham with their pet pooches - right next to Framwellgate bridge, so a nice spot, if a little busy at peak times. Better on a school day, mind, if he's not keen on lots of passing feet.

Or a Sunday, maybe - Durham city centre is full of dog walkers on a Sunday!

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 17-Jul-17 22:58:20

I love Durham city. Might try him through there. I have a feeling you can take dogs in the gardens at Crook hall? Just came to me!

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 17-Jul-17 23:00:43

Just checked website can't see anything about allowing dogs.

PotteringAlong Tue 18-Jul-17 17:14:24

Then cafe right on the end of the street at tynemouth opposite the priory is dog friendly.

FreakinScaryCaaw Wed 19-Jul-17 14:47:15

That's good. I don't go that far though but good to know there are others smile

shebebutlittle Wed 19-Jul-17 18:43:43

You can take dogs into the cafe at Causey Arch. Does lovely pie!

Also the garden centre off the A167 at Pity Me. X

FreakinScaryCaaw Wed 19-Jul-17 21:21:45

Thanks. I love pies.

The one we go to in blackhall has nice fruit pie. Cakes are delicious apparently but I'm usually more into savoury.

Anyone else like to add a place?

PickAChew Thu 17-Aug-17 21:26:40

Just drove through newton Hall, this evening, and there's a Canine Cafe there! Remembered this thread, as we passed. I think it's the same chain as yours in Blackhall. Not the nicest of locations in an arcade of shops next to a big tacky pub, but not far from the nature reserve and some really good dog walks beyond the nature reserve - you can walk into the centre of Durham from there, past fields of wheat grin (and passing Crook Hall)
doggiediner.co.uk/

In fact, if you and your dog love long walks, you could park up at Walkergate o The sands, walk to the cafe and refresh yourselves, then either walk back again or catch the 64 back into town!

PickAChew Thu 17-Aug-17 21:35:27

Just noticed this listed for the centre of stockton when I was looking up the Newton Hall cafe
www.wagsandwhiskerscaninecafe.co.uk/

abbey44 Sat 23-Sep-17 20:07:28

There's a dog-walking group I found recently, Motley Mutt Mooches, who get together for walks around Teesside and many of their walks end at a dog-friendly cafe. I'm away at the moment but planning to join when I get back home as they do walks in some lovely places. They seem a friendly bunch, too.

I found them on Meetup.com, but I think they have a Facebook page - have a look and see what you think. (It's only £5 a year to join the group.)

DobbyTheFreeElf Sat 23-Sep-17 22:50:35

I can vouch for Wags n Whiskers. Nice little cafe, friendly staff and decent food for both humans and dogs.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sun 24-Sep-17 01:31:27

We go to Newton hall a lot as family live there. I knew a doggie diner had opened in Durham but didn't realise it was there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now