Talk

Advanced search

Baby groups in Norwich?

(4 Posts)
TeddyIsaHe Mon 17-Jul-17 21:35:53

My dd is 6 months old, and I just about feel ready to try some baby groups! I live in the North City area, but am more than happy to travel anywhere in the city for a good recommendation. Can anyone suggest any particularly good groups? I'm super nervous, so very friendly would be a massive help!

Misty9 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:24:11

It's not a group but a place called the Sanctuary on Grove Road is really lovely. It's an old church which has been painted white inside and has a cafe and kids toys/teepee to encourage new mums and a general sense of community. I'm not religious and they don't emphasise that aspect at all.

As for groups I'd definitely recommend checking out your local sure start centre. I found them a pretty good place to start smile also the big scream at cinema city is where I met my closest mum friend when my first was just weeks old. And you get to watch a film!

Little lions playgroup is on Wednesday mornings in st marks church on hall road and I always found it friendly. Mine are older now though.

Enjoy!

NorwichMumbler Tue 18-Jul-17 12:39:54

I second the recommendation to visit the Sanctuary - such a nice cafe! I have a 6 month old too smile
Unfortunately lots of classes stop over the Summer holidays but you can find lots of suggestions for things to do & classes on the Norwich Mumbler Summer holiday page (https://norwich.mumbler.co.uk/school-holidays/summer-holidays/) and Events calendar.
There are also lots of super, friendly, local Norwich parents on the Norwich Mumbler chat group on Facebook, who are filled with ideas and recommendations! We arrange meet-ups and I'm just planning the next one grin

3011152gt Sat 12-Aug-17 10:24:26

SOUL toddlers is run at soul church Norwich, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays theres also a cafe and a free community lunch on a Friday, I've not experienced it as a mum but we have a variety of mums and tots and they all seem to have a good community so a great place to make friends. HTH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: