Talk

Advanced search

Recommended schools in Colchester

(4 Posts)
Mommabest Mon 17-Jul-17 13:53:22

Moving to Colchester and need recommendations for good primary and secondary schools near the Colchester General hospital or Abbey Fields. Also the best areas to live around these places. Thank you

MaroonPencil Thu 20-Jul-17 11:12:21

Hi, I don't know about the area around the hospital but around Abbey Fields Prettygate, Hamilton and St Johns are all good primary schools depending on what kind of thing you are looking for. We are not in the position of looking at secondary schools yet but most children of that age I know go to Philip Morant and that seems to be fine.

In terms of where to live, it depends on your budget and what kind of house you are looking for, Victorian or new build, and what else you want from your area. I love the roads between Lexden Rd and Maldon Road, like Cambridge Rd, Honywood Rd etc but they are well out of my budget grin

Mommabest Thu 20-Jul-17 11:30:48

Thank you for your kind response. I will start looking around there and see what I come up with. I'm not fussed about house type really. Just something comfortable in a nice safe neighbourhood

Flatbellyfella Sun 17-Dec-17 18:47:11

My grandchildren attend Fiveways School Stanway, they live close to Layer Rd, so have to travel, & both love it there & are thriving.
Home Farm school Lexden is also a terrificly good school.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: