Talk

Advanced search

not sure where this thread belongs!

(5 Posts)
mumof2blue1pink Sat 15-Jul-17 14:41:14

Hi everyone, the past 5 years of my life have been nothing short of a roller coaster through good, bad, evil, heavenly and all else in between!
I have three amazing children! My two blue ones are almost 18 & 16 and my pink mini me will be 12 in Sept.
Long story short... I escaped domestic abuse, a life my kids weren't really aware of, but subsequent events meant they were subjected to finding out most of it! I didn't just hit rock bottom i positively bounced....again and again, meaning that despite me always feeding, clothing and being there for my kids, they suddenly discovered that their Mum was an actual real person who F***ed up, more than once! I had no income and was victim of an awful crime that left me a quivering wreck, I drank too much....not for breakfast but i drank too much!
Materially I had NOTHING! but i did have great support.... TODAY?
We finally got a council house!!! some may turn their nose up at that but for us it means stability, affordability and HOME. I have just returned to work, there is flexibility within my role which means I can still be around for my children, one of whom has cerebral palsy and has all manner of additional needs, but my god, do I feel good!
I am in another relationship, this man is simply a beautiful human being, my children are happy all the while the narcissistic influence from my ex husband-their Dad is kept at bay! I am earning, yes ME, i have a salary! dont get me wrong i have always worked, but right now I really really feel like I have conquered the world! and I am free!

GlitterRollerSkate Sat 15-Jul-17 15:05:29

Congratulations on your new home! You should feel proud you are amazing!

Freshairatlast Sat 15-Jul-17 18:29:01

Wow. I'm with Glitter, you are amazing.
And nothing wrong with council houses - they're like gold dust now.

GlitterRollerSkate Mon 24-Jul-17 10:42:45

Hey @mumof2blue1pink how are you? How are the decorating plans coming along? smile Have you moved in yet?

newmum40 Thu 04-Jan-18 22:42:34

Hope all is still going well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now