Talk

Advanced search

Architects

(9 Posts)
muchovino Thu 13-Jul-17 20:31:31

Hello, can anyone recommend any good residential Architects in the Bath area please? TIA smile

muchovino Sun 16-Jul-17 12:46:57

bump

Deidre21 Mon 17-Jul-17 20:54:39

Can only warn you to stay far away from a company called iPlans and a person called Antony (Ant) based on Bristol - absolutely useless and lazy, needed constant chasing up and all he was required to do was submitted forms for planning.

We had done all the design and measuring. Happy to take our money but we always had to ask him to do what he was paid for. Stay away.

I do remember seeing two other architects one called Nigel based in Bath, came across very trustworthy and helpful but my husband decided to go with the twit, despite my constant telling him not to, had a bad feeling from the moment I met him and I was proved right.
Anyway thank goodness we didn't need him again.
Good luck with finding someone trustworthy.

Deidre21 Mon 17-Jul-17 20:55:59

If I still have Nigel's details I'll pass them on to you.

muchovino Tue 18-Jul-17 21:46:24

Thanks Deirdre for the response, it seems Architects are either retiring, can only do basic plans or are only fit to do some some Grand Designs nonsense!

wheresmyphone Tue 18-Jul-17 21:49:55

Got a couple of names in my little black book: what size of building work, ie scope are you looking for?

Deidre21 Sat 05-Aug-17 20:22:38

Yes, that idiot we encountered was all about doing some stupid design, impractical probably trying to crate something from his mind, but fortunately we did not change our plans to accommodate his nonsense. Worse than that was his laziness. Hope you've found someone by now.

skweezybell Tue 19-Sep-17 19:51:58

+1 for Nigel Spragg (assume it’s the same Nigel mentioned above). Very knowledgeable and is a BATHNES Accredited Agent, would not hesitate to recommend.

His details come up first on Google (oddly that’s not his photo though).

muchovino Sun 15-Oct-17 19:59:10

Thank you for the suggestions, I have been fortunate in that an Architect has been recommended through a work connection, so I think we are nearly there for the long awaited revovation of muchovino towers smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: