Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Leeds from Scotland

(6 Posts)
lolcatz Wed 12-Jul-17 19:03:20

We're moving to leeds in the next few months and have absolutely no idea where to start looking! my husband will be working at the university of leeds so needs an easy ish comute. We have a toddler and will be trying for another baby soon so somewhere with nice toddler groups would be great too! Some pointers would be so helpful - I like the look of chapel allerton but it might be a bit pricey for a 3 bed rental! Thanks Leeds mum's!

FinallyMrsE Wed 12-Jul-17 21:33:38

My husband used to live in Chapel Allerton and it is lovely, a bit pricey but not crazy prices, he lived there when we didn't have small children but I get the impression there is a good network of groups and classes.

We now live closer to Huddersfield (j26 M62) and he commutes into Leeds with barely any problems as it is much more affordable than Leeds, you have so many lovely areas to choose from, if you can get a couple of weekends to come and stay down here to check out the areas I am sure you will get a good feel of where you want to be. Good luck

LocalEditorLeeds Thu 13-Jul-17 09:26:27

Morning Catz, Chapel Allerton is a lovely area with some great amenities around, it may also worth having a look at Roundhay, Far Headingley, Adel, Moortown and some areas of Meanwood to be in those areas.

I also really like Horsforth but again can be a little pricey but worth a look if you like the look of Chapel Allerton.

lauralou123abc Thu 13-Jul-17 14:07:47

Thanks for the replies! Will start having a look in those areas. I think you're right MrsE we'll need to come down to take a look around to get a better idea! Seems like there's loads of nice places in leeds itself - thanks again for the info!

FinallyMrsE Wed 31-Jan-18 19:10:28

Did you decide lauralou? I hope you have found the perfect place x

involveddad Sat 24-Feb-18 21:00:22

Thanks all
I am looking at Leeds, moving from East Sussex need a 20 min commute to LS9 any ideas?
Sorry to hijack the post but I am a newbie and cant work out how to start a new one (I must be a bit thick too!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: