Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Blackpool

(5 Posts)
mrsC69 Tue 11-Jul-17 15:18:22

Hi my husband and I have just bought a B&B in Blackpool (subject to contract). I have 2 sons coming with me aged 15 and almost 11. The 11 year old will be starting secondary school this year and I wondered if anyone had any tips of which are the best schools. We will be based near central pier. Any information on anything would be gratefully received!! We have had a couple of meetings with B&B owners but was hoping to gather as much information as possible about local amenities for the children. Also we know nobody and would also like to make new friends smile

JenW36 Mon 17-Jul-17 21:47:26

Hi, Welcome to Blackpool!!

Blackpool Senior schools are all of a similar standard, not the greatest on the planet, but not the worst either, just depends who you talk too! If they had spaces and willing for a bus ride, I would be tempted to check out Hodgson in Poulton, buses from town should be straight forward.

Out of the tourist areas there is a bit for kids to do, we have Ascent Trampoline, Click n Climb and a skate park etc depends what your kids are in too.

Good Luck with your new venture!

mrsC69 Mon 17-Jul-17 22:16:18

Thank you! I will certainly have a look and my boys love skate parks!!smile

Identity1 Fri 04-Aug-17 23:02:36

Hi St. Mary's high school near the hospital is quite good. Hope your new venture is going well.

Patsypatrick Sat 11-Aug-18 14:41:38

Dear Mrs C69, did you move to Blackpool?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: