Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Moving to area

(7 Posts)
Tiffany4 Thu 06-Jul-17 19:41:46

Hi, me and my family are moving to St Albans. I know it's a personal thing but please can anyone recommend places to live which is great for families and schools. TIA x

user1499695642 Tue 11-Jul-17 01:52:14

You haven't given too much info but I would recommend St. Adrian's RC primary School as a good choice for school. The area around it is also more 'affordable' relative to St. Albans prices (which are ridiculous). It's also relatively near the Verulamium Park, sports centre and the city centre...!

Tiffany4 Tue 11-Jul-17 08:47:17

Thanks user 149...I've actually whittled it down to that area, love being near the park and still great schools.
Tiffany x

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 17-Jul-17 20:21:30

Check very carefully on schools, catchments are tight and so are places. Lots of areas are a black holes and kids have to travel or go independent.

Tiffany4 Mon 17-Jul-17 20:43:36

Thanks for all the advice so far, what do people think about areas near verulamium park, verulam estate? X

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 17-Jul-17 21:16:32

If you're near St Michaels that's fine, the other side you'd need to check about the Abbey school. I'd check the Herts CC website or school guru

liz123456789 Thu 08-Nov-18 10:26:11

I have just opened a new storage facility in St Albans if you need to store anything as part of the move. We have an opening offer of £50 off with the code FAMILY50 - it is really for employee family members but they are quite relaxed about it being shared. The company is easyStorage and you need to call rather than book online, I'd highly recommend.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: