Talk

Advanced search

3+ assessment for Merchant Taylor & St.Martins

(4 Posts)
Sunshineallthetime Wed 05-Jul-17 21:44:14

Hello All,

We are preparing our 2.5yrs old son for the 3+ assessment at the mentioned schools. Anyone who did the same successfully and unsuccessfully and is able to give us any information on their experience, I'd appreciate it.

At the moment, we are struggling on his following instructions which we understand is one of the criteria of the assessment...

amikot Fri 14-Jul-17 23:05:19

My son passed the 3+ for St Martins and attended for a year before we moved him last year. You can't really prepare for these assessments as the child is so young. They watch how the child plays and interacts with other kids and ask simple questions, like showing a picture of something and asking the child what it is. You can only just let your child be themselves

Ma518 Sun 16-Jul-17 22:45:48

I think the key at 3+ is to have a happy, confident and sociable child and for them to be themselves. Also, although no school will admit, the parents also have an influence as they are there during the assessment process so be prepared yourself !.

amikot - if you don't mind me asking, how comes you moved after 1 year?.

Lovetea1 Thu 21-Dec-17 01:24:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now