Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Colchester

(11 Posts)
Catskel Wed 05-Jul-17 21:11:53

We are thinking of moving to Colchester but I was wondering what areas are nice to live in. My husband & I have two teenagers so schools are not an issue as already sorted just want to know about nice areas to live. I have seen nice properties in Highwoods, Myland, stanway & longridge. Any information would be great 😊🏡 Thank you in advance.

BowiesBlueEye Wed 05-Jul-17 21:17:15

Lexden is nice. East and west bergholt too. Rowhedge, Abberton and Fingringhoe are beautiful villages and actually not as far from town as you'd think.

Depends on how reliant you are on public transport. We are on the edge of Colchester and Abberton and it's a lovely area.

I've lived here for 2 years and it's been lovely. There is a huge sense of community here.

BowiesBlueEye Wed 05-Jul-17 21:17:49

My brother is in Highwoods and he really likes it

BowiesBlueEye Wed 05-Jul-17 21:18:46

Stanway can get very busy on the roads around rush hour as can the roundabout to Myland.

Catskel Wed 05-Jul-17 21:53:22

Thankyou everyone. We want to be in Colchester so not looking at any villages around Colchester. My husband & I both drive but a bus service to the six form college would be needed for kids. 😊

Catskel Thu 06-Jul-17 23:23:43

We are thinking now about highwoods or Myland, are they nice places to live? 🏡

Echo14 Sat 08-Jul-17 17:58:34

Myland is lovely and next to Highwoods both share the same regular bus service which goes to the sixth form. Highwoods is also reallynice but does have rougher areas. There is a beautiful country you can go to aswell.

Echo14 Sat 08-Jul-17 17:59:00

Country park

Daisymay2 Sat 15-Jul-17 19:13:42

I would not rush to live in Longridge and be careful which parts of Highwoods you move to, some parts are rough. The buses from West Bergholt more or less stop outside the 6th Form college, so don't dismiss it, however the convenience of being able to take a bus to the station makes it expensive!!! If buses are important check the Aviva Colchester website to look at bus routes and timetables. Parts of the town that you would think would have a good service don't.

Daisymay2 Sat 15-Jul-17 19:15:22

I would not rush to live in Longridge and be careful which parts of Highwoods you move to, some parts are rough. The buses from West Bergholt and Rowhedge more or less stop outside the 6th Form college, so don't dismiss them , however the convenience of being able to take a bus to the station makes WB expensive!!! If buses are important check the Aviva Colchester website to look at bus routes and timetables. Parts of the town that you would think would have a good service don't.

kyph09 Thu 10-Aug-17 19:27:30

Prettygate area is lovely and has a regular bus service

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now