Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Coventry area

(7 Posts)
Zalz91 Mon 03-Jul-17 02:14:29

Hi,

My husband has got a new job starting in September. He will be based in Hinckley but will be commuting to various cities in the Midlands. Ideally, he would like to live within an hours commute to Hinckley.

We are from Glasgow and have children, one who will be starting year 3 in a few months.

I have looked at Coventry, Hinckley, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and Leamington Spa but it is very hard to narrow down a city never mind the area.

We are hoping to stay long term and hence schooling is very important, ideally stay away from the city centre and in a quiet family friendly location. Near parks would be a bonus and not near high crime areas.

We are looking to rent for the first two years and then use the Help to Buy scheme to get us onto the property ladder. Maximum budget would be around £210k for a 3 bedroom. We would not like to move our children again from their school once they have settled so I guess it is important to be able to rent and buy within the same school location (give or take).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

MummyIsMagic79 Mon 03-Jul-17 10:50:53

Hi

Eastern Green and Mount Nod are both in Coventry. Both close to lots of lovely parks, walking distance. Outskirts of the city, so semi-rural. Very low crime rates indeed.
All local schools are excellent. Houses quite within your price range too. I have loved in the area for years. Very safe and a great community.

Zalz91 Thu 06-Jul-17 04:40:44

Thanks for your advice. I shall have a look to see what is available in those areas. Any other areas I should look at in Coventry, I've heard Earlsdon is good but seems to be packed with students.

Marigold1232009 Thu 06-Jul-17 07:09:06

Earlsdon does have a lot of students in parts, but others not, the house prices are pretty high though.

BellsaRinging Sat 15-Jul-17 18:08:55

Hello, are you definitely looking for Coventry and do you want city or would you consider a village? We are in a village the right side of Cov for Hinckley, quiet but near supermarkets etc. Our local primary is wonderful and houses are definitely within your budget. Just an idea if you are prepared to look at villages-I know they're not everyone's cup of tea! Feel free to PM me if you want more info!

PurpleCrazyHorse Mon 17-Jul-17 20:58:33

We've been here nearly 3 years and live in North Coventry. I wonder whether Bedworth might be worth a look? It's pretty small but has a big Tesco and a little town centre.

GeekLove Tue 18-Jul-17 09:50:22

Tile Hill isn't too bad and its on several bus routes into the City Centre. The Centre is walkable in 45 minutes and Hearsall Common is on the way. There is also a leisure centre with a pool nearby and decent schools as well.
Its also reasonably affordable - you'll get somewhere for 150-200K

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: