Talk

Advanced search

Considering move to Scottish Borders

(8 Posts)
Gillyjohn Thu 29-Jun-17 11:26:57

My husband and I are considering moving from Cornwall to Scotland within the next 2 years for a better quality of life. At the moment we are very active an enjoy Sea rowing in Cornish Gigs. We would like to move somewhere with rowing clubs and finding it difficult. Ayrshire seems to be the only area coming up on my search. We enjoy South West Scotland because of the scenery, and really want to find a village environment close to the sea or lock with water sport options and scenic walking, we would like some recommendations from those of you that know the areas.

Gillyjohn Thu 29-Jun-17 11:28:27

OOps, my apologies for the bad grammar and spelling. Typed in a hurry!

Rubyslippers7780 Thu 29-Jun-17 11:42:18

Have a look at Eyemouth, St Abbs, Berwick ( although technically England ), Coldstream, Duns...the area is classed as Berwickshire but most costal of Borders. Also good rail links at Berwick and access to A1.

harleychic Sat 15-Jul-17 17:26:44

I moved to Borders from south west a few years ago and ended up more central Melrose, st Boswells way still easy enough to get to the beach too and I love it, and there are lochs and big rivers everywhere e.g. Tweed and ettrick, st Mary's loch the other side of Selkirk has a rowing club feel free to ask questions

huskyduck Sat 15-Jul-17 17:35:01

Easy Lothian may be better suited to you, lots of lovely costal towns, belhaven beach near Dunbar is great for water sports.

ChrisPrattsFace Sat 15-Jul-17 17:38:36

North Berwickc, coastal and just outside Edinburgh. They have a yacht and ailing club there. Not sure what exactly they entail!
I would love to move there one day!
Equally have you thought of the lake district? A lot of lakes and reservoirs that have local clubs, as well as a good west coast!

Bibbitybobbitybollocks Mon 18-Sep-17 21:08:50

Will be relocating to Borders/ East Lothian (Eyemouth/Dunbar regions). Would like opinions on Chirnside, Dunbar and any other areas worth considering.
Kids aged 14 yrs -2. (already posted in East Lothian and on Scotsnet trying to get as many opinions as possible)

Rubyslippers7780 Tue 19-Sep-17 06:45:28

Chirnside is a small village.. depends where you are moving from..if from a city will be a big change!
Duns is nearest big town and where high school is. Beautiful country.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: