Talk

Advanced search

Lewes primary schools

(4 Posts)
Carlby Tue 27-Jun-17 14:28:20

Hello,
I was wondering what St Pancras, Western Road and Southover schools in Lewes are like, and whether we should choose one over the other for our to be Year 3 daughter?

aliharris Tue 27-Jun-17 17:57:15

St Pancras is a Roman Catholic school.
Western Road and Southover are on the same site in separate buildings but have a very different feel.
Due to the closure of another school in Lewes they are all likely to be over-subscribed.

Carlby Tue 27-Jun-17 20:19:08

Thank you for your reply aliharris. I guess what I was asking for is personal experience of any of them. I know both southover and st Pancras are religious schools (is Western road) but wondered whether there were any views on them "on the ground" so to speak. For example what is the difference in feel between western road and southover?

No experience personally as my dd isn't of school age but I know parents of kids at both st pancras and southover and all rate them highly. It really depends what you want from the school.

I think a lot of st pancras kids go onto St. Paul's so if you wanted to then send to Priory for secondary school then I would probably consider southover over st pancras

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now