Talk

Advanced search

23 weeks pregnant in Brighton

(11 Posts)
Carlin76 Mon 26-Jun-17 11:09:20

Hello everyone, my name is Lucy and I'm 40 years old and 23 weeks pregnant. Looking to connect with other pregnant ladies in Brighton. It would be great to share concerns, worries and of course excitement with someone else going through the same thing.

ColourfulOrangex Mon 26-Jun-17 11:17:49

Hi Lucy I live near Brighton and am pregnant with my second, 36+5 so glad this weather has cooled down a bit!

Carlin76 Mon 26-Jun-17 11:52:16

Hi! How old is your first child? It must be so hard looking after a little one when you are pregnant. On the other hand do you find you are more relaxed about this pregnancy as you’ve been through it before?

It was tough in the heat wasn’t it. I’ve never been so relieved to see overcast weather!

ColourfulOrangex Mon 26-Jun-17 11:57:55

My first is 6 and thankfully is a good boy, very excited to meet his baby sister

I would say I am probably more on edge with this pregnancy which sounds a bit mean but I was only 18 when pregnant with my son so maybe a bit naive of things that could go wrong etc

Is this your first? Do you know what you are having?

Carlin76 Mon 26-Jun-17 12:46:25

That’s really nice to hear. I have a 6 year step daughter as well, although she doesn’t live with us. She is very excited too. I think 6 is just the right age for them to look forward to it and not be jealous at all.

It doesn’t sound mean at all. I think we just worry more the older we get. I know that’s certainly true for me.

It is my first. They weren’t 100% sure of the sex during my 20 week scan but they thought it was a girl. I’m having another scan tomorrow so hopefully will find out then for sure!

ColourfulOrangex Mon 26-Jun-17 15:48:40

Oh exciting to find out for sure smile

I wasn't fussed what I had but my son really wanted a sister, everywhere we go it's my baby sister this and my baby sister that, it's quite sweet really, I don't think he would've been ready before now

Is your stepdaughter looking forward to being a big sister? I think they feel it's a really important job for them

When are you due? Mine is the 19th July but my son was 18 days early

Carlin76 Tue 27-Jun-17 15:56:54

Hey! My step daughter is very much looking forward to being a big sister. I had no idea how excited she would be! It's very sweet.

I'm not due until 21st October which feels quite a long time away. You are very close! And maybe even closer than you think. Are you having the baby at the Royal Sussex?

ColourfulOrangex Tue 27-Jun-17 18:59:22

Aww bless her smile

Oh not too long until October but I know it feels a lot longer!

I'm hoping she comes soon as I'm just uncomfortable now but I still only have a tiny bump, much nicer that the heat has calmed down as doing the school run was horrendous

Yes will be having her at the royal sussex, they keep trying to get me to have her at home but I just don't feel comfortable with that and i don't think my neighbours would appreciate it winkgrin

Carlin76 Wed 28-Jun-17 16:51:34

It’s great you only have a small bump. I’m pretty big already at 5 months so goodness knows how big I’ll be at 9 months! Yes, it’s the first time I’ve ever been happy about rain in the summer.

I don’t blame you having the baby at the Royal Sussex. It’s reassuring to be near all the medical help if needed. Yes, and I’m sure the neighbours wouldn’t appreciate all the screaming. Hee! I have to have it there as I’m having a caesarean.

ColourfulOrangex Tue 04-Jul-17 10:34:10

How are you doing @Carlin76

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and just want her out now, fed up of being uncomfortable and it's my sons sports day today

Carlin76 Tue 04-Jul-17 12:10:52

I can imagine! It can be uncomfortable enough now so at 38 weeks you must be desperate to have her out. The weather is hotting up again too. Well, not too long now though for you. I'm feeling ok but suffering from insomnia at the moment. I haven't slept properly for a few nights. Also, I get so worried when the baby doesn't move for a while although I know at 24 weeks it shouldn't be a problem. It will all be worth it in the end though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now