Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of moving to Great Bookham - schools advice please

(4 Posts)
bluebellpixie Fri 23-Jun-17 10:50:00

Hi there,

We’re thinking of moving to Great Bookham and wanted to get some advice on local state schools (I’ve seen a few threads on this already, but they’re a couple of years old and I’m not sure if much has changed during that time). Our daughter is 2 years old so secondary school is a long way off, but it looks like if we wanted her to get into Howard of Effingham, she’d need to go to one of these feeder schools: Oakfield, Eastwick, St Lawrence, The Raleigh, The Dawnay, The Royal Kent.

What are the local reputations of these schools and are there any that should definitely be avoided?

If we make this move, we’d want it to be a lasting one, so any advice about bringing up a young family in the area would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

homebythesea Fri 23-Jun-17 12:37:20

Why don't you post on the @BookhamVillage FB page too - you will get a good response! There's also a FB group called Bookham Mums which you will need to ask to join but also a fount of knowledge

bluebellpixie Fri 23-Jun-17 13:33:52

Thank you @homebythesea - I will do that!

Rileybo24 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:53:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now