Talk

Advanced search

Penistone

(5 Posts)
NicoleAaron Tue 20-Jun-17 10:13:53

Hi
Thinking of moving to Penistone with 2 children 11 & 9. Any advise on the area, what it's like to live there? Schools etc.
Thank you

struggling100 Tue 27-Jun-17 11:48:40

I am sorry, I absolutely HATED it there. It was the worst place I've ever lived. Very insular, very isolated, and correspondingly confined in terms of cosmopolitan ideas and liveliness - I had a neighbour who had literally NEVER been to a city before, and Sheffield is about 15 miles away.

While I was there, one group of neighbours shot my cat and filled their garden with rubbish (literally hundreds of sacks full just dumped. They used to throw cans over the wall. People will ask you whether you're "local" in shops.

It is a world of weird. AVOID!

vickibee Tue 27-Jun-17 13:13:38

I have lived here 8 years and we love it. Great place to raise kids with good schools and safe environment. There has been lots of newcomers recently and lots of homebuilding

NicoleAaron Tue 27-Jun-17 14:04:14

Thanks everyone for the advice.
Good to hear different opinions .
Will have another look around on my visit next week

escape Fri 14-Jul-17 11:57:06

My Brother and family have settled in Oxspring ( adjoining village, practically the same to me ) and love it - both work in the wider region but as a family village base and local schooling, very very happy. SIL s a deputy Primary Head too so obviously knows her schools.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: