Talk

Advanced search

Is Brighton & Hove safe? How is it compared to Hastings?

(11 Posts)
Soyyog Thu 01-Jun-17 14:49:08

Hi, my husband and I are thinking of moving to either Hove or Hastings. We live somewhere in Scandinavia so we are used to an extra safe environment. Anyone can give us an opinion?
Thanks!

Southcoasting Thu 01-Jun-17 23:24:20

Erm, Hove is more cosmopolitan than Hastings...

Neome Fri 02-Jun-17 06:05:10

Well put

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 02-Jun-17 15:28:28

They're very different places. Parts of Hastings are lovely and up and coming, Hove came up years ago. Hove is very pricey while Hastings is more affordable. There are lots of lovely places in between these areas too

Soyyog Tue 20-Jun-17 10:06:00

Thanks for your replies! Around Brighton & Hove does seem more appropriate to our situation.

When I read this kind of article: www.theargus.co.uk/news/15357964._I_honestly_thought_he_was_dead____Father_suffers_broken_jaw_in_vicious_attack/#gallery3
Makes me believe that Brighton is far from safe...
?

Soyyog Tue 20-Jun-17 10:09:05

www.theargus.co.uk/news/15357373.Man_left_with_head_injuries_after_being_beaten_in_Peacehaven/?ref=mrb&lp=9

NoArmaniNoPunani Tue 20-Jun-17 21:22:16

But that is peacehaven not Brighton

sasspuss17 Thu 22-Jun-17 17:24:11

You could die of boredom in Hove though...

Soyyog Thu 22-Jun-17 17:37:08

@sasspuss17 Ha! Thanks to let me know. Really, with Brighton next door and London 1H away??

sasspuss17 Thu 22-Jun-17 18:48:32

Only ( partly) joking! I live in Hove and am still alive. Hove is fine but Brighton more interesting and has a better vibe; it depends what you're looking for really. I honestly wouldn't consider either to be unusually dangerous places, it's a famously inclusive city with lots of young people around, it has a very upbeat feel. The town centre can be pretty, erm, lively on a weekend evening with the drunken hen- nights etc but that adds to the charm!

Soyyog Fri 23-Jun-17 13:09:53

sasspuss17 smile Ok so you aren't that bored in Hove. Do you ever go to London when you need entertainment?
I'd like to live near London in a tolerant place. B&H works on its own which is a plus. It seems great and affordable to eat out. I believe the city ticks a lot of boxes for me. People seem very friendly (too friendly?;)
On the downside some areas are dirty with bins everywhere.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: