Talk

Advanced search

Return to England - move to Carlisle

(3 Posts)
Celisah Tue 09-May-17 20:09:38

We are moving to Carlisle early July this year. I'm originally from Warwickshire and have lived for 15 years in Canada. Decided we would love to live close to the Lake District for sailing and hiking and the Carlisle area seems to tick all the boxes as it is affordable. I am focusing on Dalston and possibly Penrith. We will have to find a home, probably rent to start with and also find employment! Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated! My children are 17, 14 and 3 years of age.

katie2323 Sun 21-May-17 19:34:37

Hi

I have recently moved from Guernsey, Channel Islands to Carlisle with my family. We moved to a village called Houghton and it is very pleasant. Has a nice 'feel' to it! :-) We too wanted to be somewhere affordable but close to the Lakes. My daughter is 3 years old. My husband and I have both secured employment. Just beginning to now find my feet with regards to any parent/child groups/activities close by but still feeling quite isolated having had to leave our family friends in Guernsey :-( I would be more than happy for you to message/email me and I can give you any advice, etc that might help from one newcomer to another :-)

TheMeltedHeart Fri 08-Dec-17 00:55:50

Hi Celisah, did you end up in Dalston or Penrith? I'm in Carlisle and have a 5 month old. I'm looking to make friends so if you are too drop me a line. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now