Talk

Advanced search

Sports for girls in schools

(6 Posts)
Fridaynightrunner Tue 09-May-17 11:55:25

I was wondering whether anyone knew of any providers of sports classes equivalent to ruggereds/soccereds which could be offered to girls at school. Currently my daughter's school only offers gymnastics, cheerleading and dancing and I would rather see classes for athletics, netball and general fitness for girls. My daughter loves being active but has little interest in rugby or football. I go running so would love to see something which encourages involvement in this type of sport.

Rooble Tue 09-May-17 16:28:59

There used to be a netballeds running at King Ecberts. Maybe worth getting in touch with Ruggereds and asking if it's still going, as it was his business.

Katz Tue 09-May-17 17:20:59

My daughter goes to Sheffield Stormers netball - they meet on a Saturday morning at EIS 10-12.

Hulababy Tue 09-May-17 21:22:03

In Sheffield.

We've had NetballEds do some activities in school, though we don't offer an after school club in at. It was very popular with boys and girls.

Our after school sports clubs include Kickstart and TechniGlobal - both do a range of activities, generally Multisports activities. Available to both girls and boys.

As a lunch time club we do Tennis and Squash at the nearby Hallamshire Tennis club.

Fridaynightrunner Mon 22-May-17 10:01:03

Thanks for the messages and information. My daughter is at Ecclesall Infants. I was looking to approach a lunchtime/after school club provider to see whether they would be interested in offering a club at the school.

Will look into other recommendations - much appreciated.

Hulababy Mon 22-May-17 17:31:21

My school is just down the road from your school - so the providers would be fairly local: Techniglobal, KickStart, Hallamshire Tennis Club, NetballEds, SoccerEds, RuggerEds are the main ones we use this year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: