Talk

Advanced search

Caldercruix - advice needed

(2 Posts)
JuliaNG Sun 07-May-17 19:35:58

Hi girls,

My husband and I were looking for a house and recently find our dream place in Caldercruix. We didn't know the village but visited last Saturday and were really positively impressed , especially considering we have a quite small budget. Anyway, we are about to put a offer when a friend inform us that the area is know for anti-catholic behavior. We are really afraid to move forward with the purchase now as we are both catholic. In addition to that, I am also a immigrant (my husband is British). Can anybody confirm if that is true? I would love to hear from someone from the area.

OhINeedSleep Sun 09-Jul-17 06:30:09

I've lived in Airdrie for a while, quite close to cauldercruix, and found it's very prodestant based - Orange walks several times a year and a lot of the followers very outspoken about it. However I don't tend to discuss religion with people and have had no issues with sending my DC to the local Catholic school.

Ofc I can't comment for Cauldercruix specifically, this is just my limited knowledge of the surrounding areas. I think so long as you don't go around shouting about your religion you should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now