Talk

Advanced search

childcare during giving birth

(3 Posts)
user1488749952 Wed 03-May-17 23:14:00

hiii mommies, i've just moved to manchester with my husband and my 4 yrs old boy. I'm pregnant and i'm due next month.i was wondering if i go into labour and couldn't reach my husband instantly(the network at his work is horrible) what should i do with my boy???i don't know anyone here.are kids allowed at hospitals??can he ride the ambulance with me??anyone had similar experience??thankss

Monr0e Fri 05-May-17 09:44:50

Hi OP. Which hospital are you planning on giving birth at? Have you spoken to your community midwife about your concerns? Siblings are generally allowed on the wards but obviously not ideally in the delivery room unattended. Also the ward staff and midwives are extremely busy and would not be able to look after or be responsible for your boy if your husband isn't with you.

Does his work have a land line that you could call rather than his moblie? Does he work shifts or is it just during the day you would need someone? Also when are you due? You could start contacting local childminders and see if any have spaces that can look after him at short notice.

Also you really shouldn't be calling an ambulance to take you to the hospital unless there is a medical reason you can't get a taxi. Good luck

Toddlerteaplease Fri 05-May-17 10:09:04

Nurses and midwives will not allow you son to be there without another adult. (If at all in labour suite) as they cannot take responsibility for the child. On my ward if a parent has a sibling staying they have to take the sibling off the ward with them if they leave. Even if it's 3am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now