Talk

Advanced search

Need urgent recommendations for Good areas /primary schools in Enfield

(16 Posts)
drmummies Sat 25-Mar-17 00:21:40

Hi there,

We're looking to move to Enfield in the coming few months and as have lived in southeast have no idea about this place. I have been searching on locrating and trying to google areas but wonder why people have mixed reviews about it. we really want to move somewhere that's in the catchment area of a good primary school and secondary schools and good educated decent families around.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciatedsmile

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:47:23

Hi, I live near gordon hill station and to be honest there are no bad schools are here, we are very lucky.

The church schools are all good, including st George's, St michaels, St John's.
State schools are Chase Side primary, lavender are both good schools. Worcestors is outstanding up the radio near beautiful forty hall.

Enfield is a beautiful borough with loads of green spaces. Capel manor is gorgeous too.

If you want more middle class, look at winchmore hill or chase side areas.

I love living here, very family orientated, lots of parks, playgrounds and forests to explore. Pm me if you want to talk more

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:47:41

Road not radio!

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:49:01

There are mixed reviews because like most boroughs there are rough bits and nice bits

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:55:32

There's also CofE forty hall school. Again a good school.

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 06:56:46

If you're looking more southgate/winchmore hill they have excellent primary and secondary schools with tiny catchments but house prices are v high round there.. if you pm me we can chat more

drmummies Sat 25-Mar-17 07:10:08

Thank you so much CroqueMadame1 for replying, I was just wishing someone could answer....
We were looking around Southgate....but these tiny catchment areas is in an issuesad

drmummies Sat 25-Mar-17 07:11:34

Why Edmonton is thought to be a no no area though it has good schools?

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:59:15

Just a little rougher than other bits I guess but it's very much gentrifying now. I went there the other day and lots of interesting things popping up.
Have you visited any of the area to get and feel for it?

drmummies Sat 25-Mar-17 08:16:11

yes went over to Southgate and than visited east Finchley too .....was thinking of woodford too!?
Truly speaking lost at the moment....don't know where to go with twin girls in year 4 and one in reception and hardly a month left to move!!

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 08:17:26

What's your budget and needs? You get a lot more for your money around here

CroqueMadame1 Sat 25-Mar-17 08:24:40

This is close to me and cheaper than southgate www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65061947.html

marthamalloy Mon 01-May-17 18:23:12

I live near to Chase Green, close to Enfield Town and the conservation area. I highly recommend it as somewhere to raise a family. We secured a place at an Outstanding secondary school in Southgate last year, we waited on the waiting list for a little while but it is possible. Good luck.

OliviaLilly Wed 31-Jan-18 11:21:22

Any recommendation for primary school in southgate? Thinking about Osidge , Monkfrith or Ashmole primary school..pls could answer? Im new in area

Gemm1 Mon 05-Mar-18 16:05:58

Hi Olivia definetly ashmole I would say good luck

OliviaLilly Mon 05-Mar-18 17:51:20

Hi Gemm1 thank you for recommendation

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: