Talk

Advanced search

A move to Hilton, Etwell or Tutbury? Best for young families?

(3 Posts)
HideAndPeak Wed 15-Mar-17 23:39:33

We're looking to move this summer from London for the DC who are 3 & 5 (better house and work life balance blah blah...).

I'm hoping this will be our only move, can you recommend these areas with a view to state primary and secondary education and opportunities for teens (I'm hoping they're close enough to the cities that when the kids want more than village life there's enough to keep them busy when older).

I have family in the area which is why we're looking at these locations - any and all local knowledge and recommendations are gratefully received.

Ectaylos72 Sun 16-Apr-17 23:22:29

Well, all 3 are very different. Primary School wise, both Hilton and Etwall are good OFSTED. Hilton is a very big school but well resources. Etwall is much smaller. Both have swimming pools. Secondary wise, John Port. A good well known school with a decent reputation.
Hilton has a massive new estate. I personally can't stand it and wouldn't live on it in a million years. But we live in the old Hilton village and it's much quieter and not so congested.
Etwall - smaller, less new housing but smaller houses in general. Both villages are literally a mile apart.
I don't know much about schools in tutbury but it's a lovely village.
Might also be worth looking at Mickleover,
Any questions, give me a shout x

Ectaylos72 Sun 16-Apr-17 23:30:19

Well, all 3 are very different. Primary School wise, both Hilton and Etwall are good OFSTED. Hilton is a very big school but well resources. Etwall is much smaller. Both have swimming pools. Secondary wise, John Port. A good well known school with a decent reputation.
Hilton has a massive new estate. I personally can't stand it and wouldn't live on it in a million years. But we live in the old Hilton village and it's much quieter and not so congested.
Etwall - smaller, less new housing but smaller houses in general. Both villages are literally a mile apart.
I don't know much about schools in tutbury but it's a lovely village.
Might also be worth looking at Mickleover,
Any questions, give me a shout x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »