Talk

Advanced search

Any South Derbyshire mums?

(10 Posts)
Cathrine85 Tue 07-Feb-17 13:41:51

Hi, just moved to South Derbyshire a few months ago with my 2.5 year old boy and looking to meet new people as we don't know anyone and starting to feel isolated. Would love to hear from you smile

Somehowsomewhere Tue 07-Feb-17 14:12:03

Hello! Where (ish) are you? I'm south Derbyshire/north west Leicestershire (right on the border)

Cathrine85 Tue 07-Feb-17 14:35:29

Hiya I'm from Swadlincote Im not very good at geography so dunno if thats close to you lol but I do drive not very confident at it tho smile

geolgal Tue 07-Feb-17 15:17:36

Hi ive just moved to south Derbyshire from north Derbyshire, there is loads to do round here one of the reasons we moved south if you need a guide give me a shout ive lived in Derbyshire all my life(I'm in Hilton). Ive got a very nearly 4 year old boy btw smile

Cathrine85 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:05:26

Hi, thank you for replying to my post. I'm not quite sure how far hilton is from me? I'm originally from Bedford so I have no idea where anywhere/ anything is lol all I know it's a very different way of living here and everything is a drive away not use to everything not being on my doorstep sad so having to get used to driving etc so would be nice to talk and get back out there as its not feeling like home atm. a guide is always welcome in my book as I feel like I'm failing my Lil boy at the moment as the only place he ever goes is our local morrisons and the park 15 mins down the road lol.

geolgal Tue 07-Feb-17 16:32:09

well Swad is about a 20 minute drive from hilton (my grandparents used to live there) you have conkers www.visitconkers.com/ on your doorstep, and the adventure farm just outside of Burton is great especially if you buy a season ticket as you live so close www.adventurefarm.co.uk/
your also not far away from twycross zoo and alton towers (well close-ish) if he likes water spash landings is great my son loved it and they do a cheap ticket for mums with toddlers
There is also plenty of free stuff to do and the dreaded soft plays! You can always pm me if you like grin

StipyTiger Wed 22-Feb-17 17:17:42

I'm about a 5 min drive from Swad but don't have a baby yet, am due Sept. If you want a fun place for a little one there's Rosliston forestry centre that has soft play and a cafe along with an outside playground and nature walks for dry days.

Cathrine85 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:25:54

Hiya thanks for the info on Rosliston forestry center I just Googled it, it looks really nice there and it's only a 10 minute drive away from me so added bonus ☺. Hope your enjoying your pregnancy so far. smile

StipyTiger Wed 22-Feb-17 19:52:09

If you want to meet I walk my dog round there occasionally. They do lots of stuff in school hols there too. The Adventure farm nr Anslow is great as Geo said. As spring gets going there are lots of events - Swad has Festival of Leisure, basically rides and stalls in the park but free to go in. GreenBank leisure centre often has things for kiddies too.

Cathrine85 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:42:06

if you want to pm me we can make arrangements to meet maybe next week or so. Yea I've started Going to the softplay at the leisure centre just to get out a bit your more than welcome to come along with us so you can meet some other mummies ready for when your Lil one makes there arrival. If not I'm happy to meet at rosliston ☺ we have a dog to so she will like a nice walk.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »