Talk

Advanced search

Single Mothers Houseshare

(5 Posts)
Faith3726 Wed 25-Jan-17 14:07:16

Hi,
I have been renting my property for 7 years and although I love it here, beautiful house, nice community, near school for my 7 year old I am now at the point where every month my wages are going on rent and bills, a situation that can't continue if I'm to move forward in my life.
I'm moving back in with my parents for a short while but this is not permanent. I know this is huge in places like London and especially Australia but does anyone know anywhere that helps single mums in the northwest (specifically Liverpool) join together with a view to sharing a property.
I personally feel it's a wonderful idea and can help single parents find nicer properties without the pressures of worrying how costs will be covered each month. Being a single parent and keeping a roof over your children's head is hard, stressful work. I'm hoping there's a solution out there for us. Any ideas/experience on this would be most welcomed. Thanks smile

FeralBeryl Thu 26-Jan-17 09:53:23

Hi - I don't know of any personally, but this lady runs a refuge in Liverpool for women and may have some contacts for you as they rehome people.
betterdayshomes@mail.com

Good luck flowers

Faith3726 Thu 26-Jan-17 16:50:55

Thank you for your response, I know of this organisation through the work I do, they are incredible with the support they give victims of domestic abuse. I don't think they can assist me for what I'd like however thanks for taking the time to reply. smile

FeralBeryl Thu 26-Jan-17 17:31:45

They're great aren't they!
It was more in case they knew of somewhere rather than them directly helping you iyswim? I wasn't trying to hostel you wink

Tillymintsmama Sat 06-May-17 22:35:02

Often thought this would be a great idea. Pm'd you faith x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now