Talk

Advanced search

Weaning Foods Survey

(2 Posts)
kathrynohara14 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:54:48

Hi there everyone. I am a 3rd year student at Cardiff Metropolitan University studying nutrition. As part of my dissertation I am investigating the use of weaning foods in Cardiff. I would be very grateful if you could spend a few minutes filling in a quick survey online as it would help my research a great deal. Below is the information regarding the survey and any contact addresses which you may require.

Project reference number: 8497

Title of Project: A study investigating the use of weaning foods, including consumer perceptions of organic weaning foods

This project aims to find out the opinion of parents in Cardiff who use organic weaning foods. We want to further understand the reasons why these types of food are purchased and what parents think about the nutritional value of these organic weaning foods. We want to find this out in order to help develop future research into this subject area

•This is an invitation to you to join the study, and to let you know what this would involve. The study is being organised by Kathryn O’Hara a final year BSc (Hons) Public Health Nutrition student at Cardiff Metropolitan University

•If you want to find out more about the project, or if you need more information to help you make a decision about joining in, please contact the study supervisor Shirley Hinde (contact details below).

Your Participation in the Research Project

Why you have been asked to take part
We are seeking the opinion of adult females, aged 18-45, who have children younger than 18 months who are in the process of being introduced to solid foods.

What would happen if you join the study?
If you agree to join the study, then we will ask you to complete a questionnaire about your choice of weaning foods and opinions on nutritional content of these foods. The questionnaire is administered to you online, and we think this would take you about 10-15 minutes to complete and submit your answers. By continuing to the questionnaire, it is assumed that you are consenting to taking part in this research.

What happens if you want to change your mind?
If you decide to join the study you have the right to change your mind and withdraw from the study up until the point when you return the online questionnaire.

Are there any risks or any special precautions needed?
No risks have been identified to you taking part in the study. No special precautions are needed.

What happens to the questionnaire results?
Kathryn O’Hara is responsible for putting all the information from the study into a computer programme. The data will be analysed and correlations identified. The results will be written up in a report as part of the research assessment for Kathryn’s university course.

Are there any benefits from taking part?
There are no direct benefits to you for taking part.

How we protect your privacy:
Due to the nature of the online questionnaire used, the data collected is anonymous. Privacy is fully protected as we will not require your name or any personal details from you. No consent forms are required. If you choose to complete and return the questionnaire, you are consenting to take part in the research. Therefore, confidentiality is fully assured. All data collected will be deleted following the final exam board that takes place at the end of the university course.

By continuing to the questionnaire, it is assumed that you are consenting to taking part in this research.
To access the survey please follow this link:

cardiffmet.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ePXH5mtoDbqcump

Contact Details:
Shirley Hinde - Research Supervisor
Direct dial: 02920417219
Email: shinde@cardiffmet.ac.uk.

Thank you.

CottonSock Tue 22-Nov-16 16:31:12

Done

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »