Talk

Advanced search

Ruislip to Uxbridge rush hour traffic

(9 Posts)
MadhouseMa Sun 13-Nov-16 22:30:35

Hi all!

Looking at relocating to Ruislip (just off the high street) but wondering what the rush hour traffic is like into Uxbridge in the morning? Would have to be in Uxbridge by 8.30am Monday-Friday.

Thanks!

wohmum Mon 14-Nov-16 01:05:09

It'll be busy driving, but would be easy to get the tube from ruislip to Uxb. Both Met and Piccadilly lines run v frequently

MadhouseMa Mon 14-Nov-16 07:32:12

I thought about that but I'd really need the car as would have to drop the kids in 2 separate locations before getting myself to work too!

Anyway just checked Google maps and a 13 minute journey is already a 24 minute journey at 7.30am so I don't think it's a great idea really.

Notinmybackyard Mon 14-Nov-16 20:00:21

The traffic from Ruislip to Uxbridge is awful in the mornings. I'm in Ickenham and Swakeleys Road and Long Lane both are really busy from 7-9 especially on school days. The back roads from Ruislip and Harefield are always busy too, often with tailbacks going way back. These days I am often travelling the other way from Ickenham to Ruislip from 8-9am and I'm amazed at how just bad the congestion is and it seems to be getting worse. If HS2 happen it will get worse unfortunately with hundreds of lorries joining the queues😕

MadhouseMa Mon 14-Nov-16 20:22:02

Thanks for the advice ladies, we called this morning to say we wouldn't be putting down the deposit. Already doing Loudwater to Uxbridge every morning which is a nightmare pretty much as soon as you hit the junction for the swakeleys roundabout so I should have known. What a shame! Uxbridge it is then... keeping my eyes peeled for that dream rental property haha!

Notinmybackyard Mon 14-Nov-16 20:37:30

It Defintely sounds a good idea to look in the areas surrounding Uxbridge rather than Ruislip. The traffic on that side of the A40 isn't quite so bad, unfortunately the rental prices probably are!

Notinmybackyard Mon 14-Nov-16 20:37:52

Good Luck in your search.

Dinomo Tue 13-Dec-16 13:06:01

Horrendous is the short answer.

Alex1970 Tue 21-Nov-17 10:30:00

You could always just go to the local school and avoid all the headach. As the saying goes 'You are not in traffic,you are traffic.'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »