Talk

Advanced search

Things for toddlers in the Islandmagee & Whitehead area?

(7 Posts)
Catherine161 Tue 08-Nov-16 12:12:31

Hi,

I have recently moved to Islandmagee from London with my husband and our daughter who is 13 months old. I have been trying to find toddler groups in the local area but only finding them in Carrick and Larne.

Are there any toddler groups around here?

smallchair Tue 08-Nov-16 22:25:53

SIL lives in whitehead, I'll try and see if she knows anywhere. Have you looked in the 1st and 2nd islandmagee church halls? Over here a lot of groups would be attached to churches (though you don't have to be a parishioner - I'm as unreligious as they come and attended one near where I live without managing to spontaneously combust. Theres bound to be something in whitehead, at least it's a bit closer than Larne/Carrick. There is a group on Facebook called pragmatic islandmagee, perhaps see if you can join for more ideas? Welcome to NI, Islandmagee is beautiful, I love it there.

smallchair Tue 08-Nov-16 22:27:08

*pramtastic islandmagee

FromCarrickfergus Wed 09-Nov-16 09:32:19

For a little older, but keep an eye on jo's performing starz. We attended in carrick years ago but she does some in whitehead pavilion iirc.
Check whitehead library for rhythm and rhyme sessions. Sorry I don't know any more!

ulsterscot Wed 09-Nov-16 13:12:27

Not quite Islandmagee, but not as far as Larne or Carrick:

Jack n Jill, Ballycarry

Aquarius1 Sun 31-Dec-17 20:00:49

Hi Catherine161 - I know this is an old thread but if you're still in Islandmagee with your now two year old, how are you getting on? I'm in Whitehead with my two and a bit year old having just moved here a year ago and have found some lovely groups in both Whitehead and Islandmagee. I go to Little Beacons on a Wednesday morning but work the rest of the week. I moved across from Leeds (husband is local)- bit of a change in culture but definitely in a good way. There's lots to get involved in. Would be good to hear how you're doing and if you've any tips on things to do with a two year old locally. All the best & happy new year smile

Catherine161 Wed 02-May-18 23:59:01

Thanks everyone! Sorry for very delayed response!!

I have since found a lovely group in Islandmagee and the Little Beacons inWhitehead although have only been to that one once. Whitehead library do rhythm and rhyme on weds at 11 which is good. Ballycarry is another great group on a Friday 9:30-11:30! 👍🏻

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »