Talk

Advanced search

Dyslexic secondary age daughter

(4 Posts)
NikkiHwith2 Sun 06-Nov-16 14:43:36

Does anyone have any experience of mainstream schools and their dyslexic SpLD child? We are looking to move to Somerset with our children, my son will be attending a School specific to his needs, so we need to find a school that can cater for our daughters who is dyslexic with working memory and processing difficulties. We have quite a wide area to in Somerset that we can look at from Glastonbury to Bridgewater up to Wedmore and down to Langport and everyone in that type of circle or if the right place slightly further.

Anyone that pass on good, bad would be appreciated. For us it more about pastoral and SEN care as to high achieving schools.

Thank you for any advice you may have.

Tauntonterri Sun 06-Nov-16 19:27:06

Not 100% sure about all secondary school in Somerset the ones in Taunton offer good S ed support. There is a good transition into the local FE college where I am support worker for special ed needs at post 16.

NikkiHwith2 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:56:09

Thank you Taunton Terri, that is encouraging. Although I think Taunton will be a little far from where my son needs to go to school , he will be attending a Special Ed school near Glastonbury.

Tissie Mon 28-Aug-17 21:42:02

If you are going to be near Wells in Somerset I can offer your daughter some support. I do work as a tutor (paid) but I also do voluntary unpaid work. I am a retired secondary senco with expertise in dyslexia. pm me if interested.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »