Talk

Advanced search

Any thoughts on Easingwold Secondary School?

(2 Posts)
JeanieLamp Thu 17-Mar-16 09:40:04

Hi, we are looking to move to Easingwold. We have a DD in year 8 and a DS in sixth form. We've had a look at the ofsted report which isn't particularly glowing but I wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of the school and could offer some words of wisdom many thanks.

Puddentane Thu 24-Mar-16 18:12:09

It's still seen as a good school by people round here although I think the Sen provision is quite poor, anecdotally (if that's an issue).

The sixth form is quite small and options a bit limited - many choose to go to York College instead, even those who have been at easingwold all the way through.

I attended there about ten years ago so I'm sure a lot has changed since then but it did generally have a good ethos and consistently got good results. I don't know if I've read the latest ofsted report but a lot of the problems highlight seemed to arise from the poor Sen provision and the fact it is not very culturally diverse - although the catchment area itself is not very culturally diverse, so don't know how much they can do about that.

It's very much a rural school, with the bulk of pupils being bussed in from surrounding villages and bus services between the villages are a bit ropey so be prepared to do some ferrying about if they make friends from the other villages!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now