Talk

Advanced search

Move to Gloucester - Primary School advice

(3 Posts)
oam21 Wed 17-Feb-16 08:17:30

We just bought house in Gloucester city centre. We are moving from Dorset so quiet a big move. My little one due to start school this September. The dateline of application close. Any suggestion for nice school in the area? Will it be oversubscribed? She is our first child so I never deal with school before. Do I need to contact school directly or Gloucester City Council?
Please advise

Barbeasty Thu 18-Feb-16 08:18:56

I can't advise on actual schools or how oversubscribed they are, but you have to apply through the county council.

Details on how are here and if you play around on those pages hopefully you can find the booklets they produce with details of all schools, admission criteria and distance/numbers for last year.

If you find some schools you like the look of then I'd contact them and ask to visit. You can also talk to them about how full they normally are/ what your chances might be.

You could try posting on the Primary Education board as well for more general advice or to see if anyone who knows Gloucester schools replies- this board can be very quiet!

oam21 Sat 20-Feb-16 09:37:56

Thank you very much.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »