Talk

Advanced search

Moving to East Lothian

(3 Posts)
Merrilegs Sat 13-Feb-16 10:39:08

Hello smile

I realise this has probably been done to death but my husband and I are relocating to East Lothian this Summer. I am coming home back to Scotland! Yey!! I have 2 children who are 12 and 10 this year. As the eldest would be starting in S1 we would like to buy in a catchment area for a decent secondary school. North Berwick and Dunbar look lovely but are on the expensive side! Can you suggest other areas please? Also we are quite happy to rent initially if we have to, can anyone recommend any rental sites or decent estate agents that do decent rentals.

Thank you so much grin

oscarisfat Sun 16-Apr-17 21:39:27

Hi there, I know this is an old thread but wondered if you made the move?? We are currently in the same position, moving with a 5 and 7 year old to East Lothian and looking for recommendations on areas and schools. Gah!

BrainLikeASeive Mon 17-Apr-17 21:03:41

I have 6 year old twins and a 4 year old and the twins have just joined Haddington Infants. It's a state school but seems OK so far.... the Knox high school in Haddington seems to post good results...
Where are you moving to?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »