Support and advice for single Dad

(3 Posts)
Thomieres Tue 12-Dec-17 10:43:02

Hi Adam,

Your listing is pretty old now so I hope things got a lot better for you. I'm in the same situation you were, just relocated to the area after separation and I don't know many people yet. I have twins, aged 6 and I also co parent which is brilliant but definitely harder being a father. Did you find any groups or any tips..? I live just south of Stratford Upon Avon.

Thanks, Graham

Beanybump Sun 24-Jan-16 21:25:38

The Children's centres in the area used to run stay & play groups for dad's on a Saturday morning (I think). Contact your HV for more info. Most of the toddler groups welcome dads too. HTH.

Stratford123 Fri 15-Jan-16 15:01:12

Hi Everyone,

my wife recently left me, we are still living together for the next month (which is fun.....not) and i have two daughters, aged 2 and 3. This has devastated me but i am focusing on the kids and getting through the next couple of months until i am in my own place then i can start to rebuild. I moved here from Kent a few years ago but never really made any friends as we had couple friends and they have all gone quiet since the split.

I will be co parenting and will have the kids 50% of the time which is great, however i wondered if anyone can recommend any clubs dads are welcome to come along to? i want to be the best dad i can possibly be and need to keep busy so any advice on activities, support groups, etc would be great.

I am based in Stratford upon Avon.

Thanks all

Adam

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in