Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Cumbria from kent

(2 Posts)
Adyer Wed 06-Jan-16 22:29:16

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to move my family to Cumbria this summer including my five year old twins! I'm looking at a job in north Cumberland hospital, I'd like advice on good primary/junior schools please! Also ideas of villages which we can visit, looking for semi rural!!! Thank you!!!

Sunflowersmiling Sun 21-Feb-16 21:42:25

Hi Adyer, north Cumbria - probably Cumberland Infirmary then?! There are lots of fab places to live around Carlisle, but a few things to be aware of, first it rains a lot, and as you know, many of us got flooded, so think about where you want to live and check it out as much as you can before you commit. All the schools in the city centre are good to excellent, Stanwix school is a popular choice, and Stanwix area in general seems to be well thought of, although that may be too urban for you? Semi-rural villages with primary schools to the East that spring to mind are Scotby or Hayton. To the west of Carlisle property is cheaper (I don't know why though), Dalston is a nice village, with primary through to secondary schools, GP surgery etc. Good luck with your house hunting!! I hardly ever come on mumsnet, so forgive me if I don't reply again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: