Talk

Advanced search

what's it like in wareham - schools etc?

(7 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 05-Jan-16 09:32:45

It's lovely, my DC's do lots of clubs at the sports centre, we live in a village about 6 miles away.

Pagetta Tue 05-Jan-16 09:29:47

ha ha yes! see you there :-p

Wareham123 Mon 04-Jan-16 22:25:06

Traffic is only bad when the sun is out smile So weird as we reserved a house yesterday! Westgate?

Pagetta Mon 04-Jan-16 21:46:39

Ah thanks so much - we are literally just about to reserve new house there so that's a really timely reply!
Been warned about traffic but I work right by bmth station so in summer can hop on train to work!
Great to know about schools though - we're really excited! Went for a walk along the walls the other day it's all just so lovely!

Wareham123 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:31:51

Hi, I love living in Wareham. I grew up there and then moved away as an adult. My husband and I moved back 5 years ago as we think it is the ideal place to raise a family (I was reluctant as I felt I handn't flown far from the nest but I loved my childhood and wanted similar for my son). Pros- Town centre is pretty, train from Weymouth to London, fab public sports centre with swimming pool, good schools all ages (no rough one that you want to avoid, I would happily send my son to any), forest and common great for walking, good pubs and restaurants, nice play schools, community feel, in the summer there is a community party every Wed evening on the Quay, lots of towns within 30min, close to lots of nice beaches. Cons- nightlife is quiet, basic supermarkets, no clothes shops, traffic is bad in the summer as people head to the beach. Hope it helps.

pink90 Sun 27-Dec-15 21:38:28

It's very nice, good schools and easy access to bigger places but also to coast. Friendly place with lots to get involved in if you want to

Pagetta Mon 21-Dec-15 16:40:34

hi, we're seriously considering moving to wareham - DS1 is 3 and another on the way.
What are schools/the area like? we sort of know it as a pretty town with a great deli (salt pig!) but not spent lots of time there!
Anyone spent mat leave living in that area?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »