Talk

Advanced search

Good locations in Derbyshire

(3 Posts)
Toria30 Mon 21-Dec-15 11:33:52

Hi All, we are moving to Derbyshire in 2 months. My husband got a job in South Normanton but we are looking for a house within max 20-25 mile distance. What locations can you recommend and which are best to avoid? We are a young family with 2 little children, so looking for a decent location with access to decent nurseries and primary schools. I've heard Belper is nice?
Thank you

Annemarie1234 Fri 19-Feb-16 17:02:17

Hello Toria,I am moving also in June to The Mickleover area,my Husband was in Belper for a while the street is very nice ,but I do believe that the schools are not so great,maybe Duffield or Alestree which is just along the road,house prices dearer though.Anyway if you have not already moved hope this helps.Also I have been trying to have a meet up with Mums on this site but response is not so good,I am visiting again in April so maybe I will try again.

s42mum Sat 21-May-16 21:15:45

Price wise duffield is expensive but I know v popular. I live nearer Chesterfield as we came south from Sheffield. If you can afford it i would go for one of the villages between Alfreton and Matlock. Ashover is nicest and has a great primary school but is pricey. Woolley Moor, Brackenfield, Tansley all lovely and cheaper. Old Tupton where I live also pretty good (and cheap and highly likely kids could go to ashover or one of the wingerworth schools) as is wingerworth itself (two v good primaries). Higham is v pretty but trickier for schools. Bits of Alfreton are ok too (but think school tricky). Crich v pretty but horrendous in snow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »