Talk

Advanced search

50th birthday party venue - any suggestions???

(4 Posts)
LanguageClasses1983 Mon 02-Nov-15 15:03:37

Looking for a lovely venue big enough for around 60/70ish people with area for a live band etc.. Dont particularly want a sports club, village hall, etc... want somewhere swanky and modern hotel maybe! Looking at Nottm, Leic, surrounding areas - any suggestions?

Silenenutans Tue 03-Nov-15 22:22:03

Hmm, function rooms I've been to in Nottingham have mostly been above pubs, so not very swanky or modern. The Lace Market Hotel has just re-opened, not sure about function space but it will be nice. Hart's is the other obvious nice hotel.

I've been to events at Trent Bridge cricket ground, certainly space for a band and those numbers, not swanky but has its own cachet if people are interested in cricket.

I don't know if Attenborough Nature Centre still does private hire - another interesting but not swanky venue.

Don't know if Nottingham Contemporary does private hire of its cafe bar but that would be a fab venue.

Will try to think of more!

LanguageClasses1983 Tue 10-Nov-15 10:35:00

I was thinking of Harts. Why the Nottm Contemporary, must admit Ive never been in!

Silenenutans Wed 11-Nov-15 10:01:28

Contemporary because the cafe bar is a big space, with an outdoor area too. They sometimes have bands playing there, so plenty of room for dancing and tables. It's cool rather than swanky - very concrete but the building itself is very striking and central.

There are some bigger hotels too - I think Park Plaza is the more upmarket one on Maid Marian Way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now