Talk

Advanced search

First time Mum - New to Cambridge

(7 Posts)
EmmaJune91 Sun 11-Oct-15 20:10:07

Hello,

Ive just had my little girl on 31st July and have moved to Cambridge, near Jesus Green. I'm looking to meet any other Mummy's in the area??

Soniabb Mon 12-Oct-15 12:04:44

Hi,
I had my first baby just a month ago and I am the first out of my circle of friend with a baby so would like to meet mums in Cambridge with babies of a similar age!

ChestertonCharley Mon 12-Oct-15 13:42:47

It's a few years since mine were that small, but here are some suggestions:

local SureStart Centre
baby and toddler groups (used to be one at St Andrew the Great on Wednesday mornings); church mice in St Andrews Chesterton (Thursdays I think)
post natal yoga www.localyogaclasses.co.uk/teacher/4222/wwwyogaincambridgeco
Story time at Central Library
Baby massage www.iaimbabymassage.co.uk/veronicaspeirs

EmmaJune91 Mon 12-Oct-15 14:17:32

Hi Sonia,

I'm the first in my group of friends too! Where abouts in Cambridge do you live?

Soniabb Mon 12-Oct-15 15:48:34

I'm in Chesterton but I always try to go around the centre for a walk, at least till the weather is still nice smile Are you from UK Emma? I'm Spanish but living in Cambridge since 2013.

Thank you for the info ChestertonCharley, for sure I'll take a massage course and probably a swimming class with my partner too, it can be a good way to meet new people/mums!
What people usually do at St Andrew or church mice in St Andrews Chesterton? I've seen a lot of breastfeeding groups but I'd like to do other things

ChestertonCharley Thu 15-Oct-15 12:58:32

Hi Soniabb. Church Mice would be pretty convenient for you then! As far as I know it's a baby and toddler play session in the church hall with tea/coffee for adults. No harm in giving it a go. I'm sure there will be people there who can tell what else is on.

This might be useful www.standrews-chesterton.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Chesterton-News-Sept-2015.pdf

cheongxy Sun 25-Oct-15 22:31:45

Hi fellow mummies,

My name is Xing Yi and I am from Malaysia. I am a music therapy student at Anglia Ruskin University. My course requires me to do a weekly infant observation for 6 to 8 weeks, 1 hour for each session. We are required to find a family that we do not know, all sorts of family structures are fine. The baby should not be more than 14 months old. Family daily routine should carry on as usual during the observation. The purposes of the observation are:

- to observe the development of the infant's skills (movement, motor skills, co-ordination, communication etc.)
- to observe the developing of relationship between mother and child (how they communicate and interact with each other non-verbally) that results in a style of attachment.
- and also to develop my own capacity of observation

All informations from the observation will retain confidential, it will only be used in professionals training. Also, a supporting letter from Anglia Ruskin University will be provided to introduce me to the family who are interested.

If you are interested for more details, this is my email cheongxy@gmail.com
Your contribution to my training is very much appreciated. Thank you. =)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now