Talk

Advanced search

Great Barton?

(2 Posts)
ET4444 Sun 13-Sep-15 13:00:59

Hi

Looking to move to the Bury St. Edmunds area and wondered what Great Barton was like? There seem to be some nice houses coming up in the village and the schools look good. My DD is in yr 2 currently but would there be any issues in the future with high school places? Also does the sugar mill cause any problems as it is quite close?

Any advice or alternates welcome, my DH would be commuting to Cambridge so BSE is about as far east as we could go

Thanks

owarnerx Wed 16-Sep-15 21:01:21

I used to live in great barton, it is a lovely area and I wish I could go back there to be honest. I currently live in bury st edmunds. I haven't used the schools there but I do know they are very good. As for high schools, they would have buses that pick up from great barton...either to a bury st edmunds high school but more likely be thurstin community college . The sugar beet doesn't cause any problems in great bartender even though it is close. I lived down livermere road in great bartender and I didn't have any problems. Hope this helps xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »